Thursday, April 29, 2010

AventuraAsshole on Quinceanera Parties

As of Saturday, I have attended my first Quincenera. It could be said that the Latin culture grows on you, just like ringworm. I can feel my bratwurst slowly turning into chorizo. For those of you not familiar with a Latina Quincenera, suffice it to say it is a huge fucking deal.

The Quincenera is the ceremony in which a young girl becomes a woman (yeah, nothing how I imagined it either...plus her whole family was watching, creepy). But seriously, it was a very cool experience which I felt privileged to have been a part of. Karina looked gorgeous and Havana Harry was proud as shit, which for the life of me I can... See More’t figure out. Clearly, a child as intelligent and beautiful as she is not from his genetic stock (I believe the Cubans have a saying, ‘there’s always a Gringo in the woodpile somewhere’).

Unfortunately, one of the less intelligent, younger members on the guest list made the mistake of grinding on Daddy’s Little Princess. Fortunately for us, there is a canal located in very close proximity to the event hall.

No comments: